To integrate ProsperWorks CRM into Zendesk you'll have to follow a few configuration steps before you'll be able to use the App. Setup requires a Administrator account in Zendesk and a System Admin account in ProsperWorks.
- Setup ProsperWorks API Key
In order to allow the ProsperWorks App in Zendesk to receive information from ProsperWorks you'll need to create an API Key.
- Open ProsperWorks and go to Settings
- Choose API Keys under Preferences
- Press Generate API Key
- Save this API Key for later during the configuration of the Zendesk App
- Optionally you can add a Label to the API Key to remind you which API Key belongs to the Zendesk App.
- Setup of Activity Type
The Zendesk App will add activities to every known ProsperWorks contact when a ticket is been updated by either an agent or the contact. To activate this feature you need to create a Activity Type which the App will use.
- Open ProsperWork and go to Settings
- Choose Activity Types under Customize ProsperWorks
- Press Create New Activity Type
- Enter the following exact phase as title of the Activity Type:
Notice Any mistake will prevent the integration from publishing activities.
- Select an icon for the Zendesk Tickets, this could be any icon
- Choose if you'd like to count the ticket updates as interactions with the contact.
- Save this Activity Type
- Installation of the Zendesk App
Install the ProsperWorks for Zendesk App from the Zendesk Marketplace. During the installation Zendesk will ask you to enter the following details.
- E-Mail Address: Your ProsperWorks account email address
- API Key: ProsperWorks API Key you've created during the first step
- Account ID: The ProsperWorks Account ID is located in the URL when you're sign in on ProsperWorks. It's the number right after
https://app.prosperworks.com/companies/. This means if your URL would be
https://app.prosperworks.com/companies/123456789/app?p=db#/, the Account ID you need to use will be