For import of users:
- Go to WMS -> Users
- Click Import (the option is available only for admin user)
For import of contacts:
- Go to WMS -> Users -> Phonebooks
- Select an existing phonebook or click + to add a new Phonebook
- Click Import
Note that in case of WMS network, each PBX has its own Phonebooks, which must be imported separetely
1 - Backend settings: settings for the synchronization of PBX phonebooks with an external database / server.
Import of contacts and users is possible from:
- Active Directory (+users sign-on)
- Lotus Domino (+users sign-on)
- Office 365
- Exchange Server 2010-2013 (supports only import of contacts)
- Infusionsoft (import of contacts)
- ZohoCRM (import of users)
- CSV file
- Outlook (read the chapter Outlook Import)
2 - Map: in this section you can set up parameters for the correct association of the Collaboration Phonebook fields to the ones of the external database. Leave the checkboxes of only those fields which can be imported from the external database.
“ID” and “Name” are required fields, since they are used as unique identifier of the contact / user.
3 - Remove existing contacts which are not received from the backend: if enabled, during the next sync, existing contacts which are no longer present in the database are deleted.
4 - Erase existing value if empty value is received: if enabled, during the next sync, fields which are empty, are deleted.
5 - Filter (available for LDAP, AD, Lotus Domino, MySQL/ MSSQL): here you can write a special SQL Select statement.
6 - Scheduled job: settings of the synchronization (if disabled, the sync must be done manually each time). Set the period for performing the sync (1/ 2/ 6/ 12/ 24 hours) and enter the email of a user who will receive notifications each time the scheduled job is done:
7 - Import test button: make a test to check if the entered parameters are correct
8 - Save and Import button: save the parameters and perform the import right away
9 - Save button: save the parameters
10 - Cancel button: close the window without saving parameters
Language choice for imported users
The following logic is applied:
- For Active Directory: use preferredLanguage value from AD, if not empty
- If empty, or if another backend is used: use the language based on the Country Code selected in WMS Settings → PBX → Language and region
- If the official language of the country is not supported as user interface language, or if the country has several official languages (e.g. Switzerland), then Language selected in Language and region settings is applied
- Backend: select CSV
- Check off the fields that can be imported from a CSV file
Click Choose File to upload a CSV file from your PC.
The values in the file should be separated by coma (,) and enclosed into the quotation marks (“). You can download a sample CSV file by clicking Download sample CSV when importing contacts in WMS -> Devices -> Phonebooks.